400Gram, 1KG & 2.5KG
Diatomaceous Earth is a naturally occurring fresh water sediment, (also known as DE, Diatomite, or Kieselgur) composed of microscopic remains (shells) of prehistoric diatoms; the most common form of phytoplankton. It has a soft and smooth texture when crushed and ground to a very fine and off-white powder.
Some industrial grades can be harmful to people and pets for handling and consumption, that’s why we offer only the highest quality Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. Your safety and satisfaction is our priority.
The most common uses for food grade DE is as an Absorbent and Deodorizing agent to remove water on a micro level, reducing and eliminating unwanted odours, mould, and moisture. Another way to use DE is as a Detox and Cleanse to be added to the diet to help with parasites, removing heavy metals, and even lowering cholesterol, for more information about human consumption see DE for People. Another popular use is for Pets and Livestock (farm animals).
Our DE is safe to add to your pet’s diet or to use for other pets applications. Our DE is also suitable for feeding to cattle, goats, pigs, chickens or any other livestock. It’s very effective to increase the metabolism, remove unwanted parasites from inside the intestinal tract, improve the shine of fur and strength of hooves, and lastly it keep the feed from moulding and acts as the best anti-caking agent to ensure that your feed doesn’t mould and pours with ease.
We have carefully sourced our Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for the lowest level of crystalline silica, because we understand this is a point of interest for optimal health in all uses. Our DE has less than 0.1% (<0.1%) crystalline silica in any given sample, which is the lowest possible in any Food Grade DE.Then there is 89% amorphous silica, which is the essential ingredient in the composition of the diatom shells and remains,the remaining ≤11% being trace minerals found in the natural environment from the South-Western United States, where the ancient freshwater lake-beds are located.
Our Diatomaceous Earth is all acquired from freshwater sources, and it is refined as a raw material (not heat or pressure treated). The DE you are receiving from us, is non-toxic and Pure Food Grade. Please recognize that there is a significant difference between food grade and non-food grade (which is toxic because it contains very high levels of crystalline silica).
We believe in the positive effects that Diatomaceous Earth can bring to every home. By using DE, you are helping to reduce the environmental footprint left by many products that are made from chemicals and other toxins. By using Food Grade DE instead of the chemical alternatives, you are helping to contribute to a greener future in the world and our country.